A few months ago I submitted an arts grant proposal to the Connecticut Office of the Arts that would fund most of the fest and allow for tablers to not have to pay a fee. Results were supposed to have been released by now, but the grants have been put on hold until Connecticut can decide on a state budget, which may take until the end of the month. This means that I may have to push the fest back until September. I don’t want to have to push it until October, because there is another zine fest in CT planned for that month, as well as a fairly major one in New York City.

If I don’t get the grant, I will be running a Kickstarter, Indiegogo or Gofundme campaign to raise money for the event. Even if I don’t get the grant I will probably still run a campaign, as grant recipients are still expected to raise some of their funds themselves. As soon as the grant results are available, I’ll work on securing a date, releasing the tabling application, and reserving the location (I’m trying to get the Kent Community House, but a local library has also offered their space in case this doesn’t work out.)

– Olivia

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s