A few months ago I submitted an arts grant proposal to the Connecticut Office of the Arts that would fund most of the fest and allow for tablers to not have to pay a fee. Results were supposed to have been released by now, but the grants have been put on hold until Connecticut can decide on a state budget, which may take until the end of the month. This means that I may have to push the fest back until September. I don’t want to have to push it until October, because there is another zine fest in CT planned for that month, as well as a fairly major one in New York City.
If I don’t get the grant, I will be running a Kickstarter, Indiegogo or Gofundme campaign to raise money for the event. Even if I don’t get the grant I will probably still run a campaign, as grant recipients are still expected to raise some of their funds themselves. As soon as the grant results are available, I’ll work on securing a date, releasing the tabling application, and reserving the location (I’m trying to get the Kent Community House, but a local library has also offered their space in case this doesn’t work out.)